My first attempt at starting a business - a website to increase the pressure on doctors to perform to the best of their abilities. Too many times now does one go to a doctor and he or she says, "Oh, you have a cold." Really, this person has something far worse.
A few weeks ago, I went to my dentist because I had been feeling a lump in my left jaw and when I pressed on it open sore (from my wisdom teeth removal) bled. However, by the time the receptionist made the appointment to see the surgeon, he pressed lightly on my cheek and told me that he didn't feel anything. How is this possible when I can clearly feel the bump? Then, after I leave, I overhear him talking to the receptionist about how I should have came earlier and there's nothing he could do now for me anyway.
Well... WAIT A MINUTE... Doesn't that imply that there was something potentially wrong? Just that he couldn't do anything about it. I would rather have a doctor be honest than to lie and later admit that there is nothing to be done.
This is why I wanted to start a website where one can rate doctor's performance -- maybe base it by location. However, my good friend Ricky has shown me some websites that are already out there that look quite nice. The site is still a potential venture; but time will tell.